It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible for other project area members to access the Build engine from my project area?

nanda S (201619) | asked Jan 04 '16, 2:30 a.m.
Hi

Is it possible for other project area members to access the Build engine from my project area?
access control for my project area is "Everyone"

Also there is only one jenkins sever mapped to the Build engine .

For example:
Team B and Team C  from   project area B and project area C respectively are trying to access the Build engine from the Project area A.

Access control for project area A is "Everyone"
Is this approach proper?? will there be any access issues for the members of Project are B and C

if not what are the other approaches and what are its advantages??

Regards,
Nanda.S

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 04 '16, 8:45 a.m.
We wanted to setup the Build engine as a build farm created and managed by the core team, read only, in their own project area.

but we quickly found out that you need to have them modifiable, because the Build Def needs to update the table of referenced builds in the Build Engine.

allowing everyone modify access works, but you ricks someone mucking with the build engine definitions too.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 04 '16, 6:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The build engine is something that provides a build service to the server. It is nothing that a regular user accesses.
The regular users access the build definitions or the build results.

It is, possible to use the same build engine across project areas. You just add the build engine in the build definition and the search provides all available ones. Note, that the build user that runs the build in the build engine needs to have access to the source code in the project area and typically needs to be added there as a member with a role.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.