It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set change set dependency, one change set pre-req another change set?

jasie jayjay (111) | asked Dec 22 '15, 7:56 a.m.
 Using Rational Team Concert plugin (RTC) version 5.0.1 

My scenario:

(1) Submit change set 1, CS1, for review.  (Seem like) RTC sets the change set complete since it does not let me make any more change to CS1.

(2) CS1 got reviewed and needed changes

(3) Create new change set 2, CS2, changing same modules with CS1 to incorporate reviews.

(4) Submit CS2 for review.
ChangeSet - Show Details - Module Dependency graph shows the 2 change sets as disjointed. 

Question:  How do I set CS2 to be dependent on CS1? 

Comments
jasie jayjay commented Dec 23 '15, 7:59 a.m.

As shown in this instruction https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2012/10/11/reviewing-code-changes-with-rational-team-concert/

It shows 3 change sets to same file.  The dependency graph shows how these 3 change sets to the selected file related to each other.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 22 '15, 8:25 a.m.
I am not aware of any mechanism to make a changeset depend on another changeset, other than the normal change hierarchy process.    B builds on A. I don't think there is a way to show that explicitly

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 24 '15, 12:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 24 '15, 12:21 a.m.
If when you created CS2, you started with the version created by CS1, then RTC would have shown CS2 as depending on CS1.   To verify, ask RTC to show this file in the history view, and see whether the version created by CS2 was based on the version created by CS1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.