It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade 5.0.2 to 6.0.1

Gustavo Monti Rocha (251216) | asked Dec 18 '15, 6:45 a.m.
On 5.0.2 I had a user that was JazzAdmin. When I setup it the default ADMIN user was disabled. So, every operation was done with JazzAdmin user. 

After upgrade from 5.0.2 to 6.0.1, I need to run setup in order to configure new applications (ex: Global Configuration Management). But I tried to login with JazzAdmin user and application return user or password invalid. I tried with ADMIN user, but it was disabled.

I saw an article that is possible to activate ADMIN user, but it only works with tomcat. I saw that 6.0.1 is not using tomcat as default application server.

What can I do with it?

One answer

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111151) | answered Dec 20 '15, 6:31 p.m.
Hi,

I have not tried to re-enable the ADMIN user yet but it looks like equivalent of Tomcat's tomcat-users.xml is   basicUserRegistry.xml  in \server\liberty\servers\clm\conf of your installation directory.

You should see something like this:
 <group name="JazzAdmins">
        <member name="clmuser"/>
        </group>

where clmuser is the JazzAdmin account I created during JTS setup.

So I will try adding <member name="ADMIN"/> to the JazzAdmins group (after making a back-up of basicUserRegistry.xml)

Thanks,
Brett

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.