It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why an ttribute appear to be readonly when there is no operation behavior or presentation that enforce the readonlyness?

Manuel Felipe Amaya (1321327) | asked Dec 17 '15, 5:53 p.m.
edited Dec 17 '15, 6:15 p.m.
Hi,

I was configuring a PA and in a particular state, one that has neither a read only attribute for type and state behavior, a read only attribute for condition or read only by presentation editor configuration, an attribute is presented as read only when making the transition to the state (when executing an action that has the state as destination).

I think that it may be related to the fact that the previous state has the attribute as read only. However this is a first time for me as I have configured many PAs in a similar fashion and the problem has never presented.

Thank you for your help.

P.D.: Even more, I removed the read only condition for the attributes that are presenting the problem in the origin state and the problem persists when executing the action, despite being happily available for edition in both states.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Dec 17 '15, 10:19 p.m.

I don't think there is enough information for others to tell the cause. I would suggest you contact Support so that you can send the process configuration for a double-check.

2 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Dec 18 '15, 4:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
quick check : do you have process inheritance, the behavior might be inheriting from the providing process

permanent link
Manuel Felipe Amaya (1321327) | answered Dec 18 '15, 10:36 a.m.
Dinesh, Donald,

This is a Parent PA.

I found what makes the attribute read only, but i don't understand why is this happening.

The attribute is not read only in the "Read only attributes for type and state" behavior at neither the origin (state 1) or destiny state (state 2). However, the attribute is read only in the "Read Only attributes for condition" behavior at state 1 but not in state 2.

The problem is that an action that goes from state 1 to state 2 takes in the "Read only attributes for condition" read onlyness even though there is none for the destination state

I think this can be only resolved with an extension.

If someone finds an easier way to bypass this, please let me know.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 18 '15, 12:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The "Read only attributes for condition" does not look at any state transition or any state at all. It passes the values of the work item plain to the condition and reds the return value.

The condition returns true or false, based on its data and script. Scripts can be wrong. The condition (as the only attribute customization) can look at the action selected.

Note that the state identifier might not be the same you expect. There is some old code that uses a different id. I would consider checking what the condition really does.

JavaScript also can be tricky.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 18 '15, 1:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The "Read only attributes for condition" does not look at any state transition or any state at all. It passes the values of the work item plain to the condition and reds the return value.

The condition returns true or false, based on its data and script. Scripts can be wrong. The condition (as the only attribute customization) can look at the action selected.

Note that the state identifier might not be the same you expect. There is some old code that uses a different id. I would consider checking what the condition really does.

JavaScript also can be tricky.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.