It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC custom scripts are not being executed when work item is saved. Is there a way to change this?

Axel Ulmestig (34612) | asked Dec 17 '15, 11:09 a.m.
I am running RTC 4.0.6 on a Linux server with WAS and DB2. I have implemented custom scripts (calculated values, javascript) on many different projects on the server.

The other day all the scripts in one of the projects stopped working. I was able to narrow down the problem, it seems that the scripts are not triggered correctly. They can be triggered by the changing of any variable except the State (status) variable. Also the scripts don't get triggered when work items are saved like they do in my other projects.

This all seems very strange to me. Has anyone else had any similar experience?
The way I edit how the scripts are triggered is by adding Dependencies to Attributes in the 'Types and Attributes' menu. Is there any other way?

I was editing the source XML directly recently, could this be a result of changing something in the XML?

One answer

permanent link
Axel Ulmestig (34612) | answered Jan 22 '16, 4:38 a.m.
I found the answer to the problem. RTC believes that some scripts are empty, 0 bytes. These can be identified by going to the Links tab of the Project Area in the eclipse client. On that tab all of the attachments are listed with their paths and sizes. Some scripts show up as 0 bytes.

Removing the empty scripts and adding them again solved the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.