It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use test cells with execution schedules if machines will be chosen at runtime? We always getting the message "Internal Error".

Stefan Abraham (11) | asked Dec 15 '15, 11:12 a.m.
Hi together,

We are using RQM 4.0.7 and want to use test cells in execution schedules as follows:
1. The test cell contains Lab Resources matching the test environment "EnvA" resource descriptions.
=> Lab Resource Descriptions for Test Envionment "Env A"
Type "Machine" -> Operating System "null" -> Installed Software "UDS 1.0"
2. The test suite execution record (TSER) is assigned to a test environment "EnvB" which specifies a superset of resources specified by EnvA.
=> Lab Resource Descriptions for Test Envionment "Env B"
Type "Machine" -> Operating System "null" -> Installed Software "UDS 1.0"
Type "Machine" -> Operating System "null" -> Installed Software "DBMS 2.2"
Type "Machine" -> Operating System "null" -> Installed Software "CMS 1.3"

For selecting the right machine only the first attribute "UDS" is relevant, therefore the test cell maps only to that attribute.

3. An Execution Schedule (ES) with this test cell specified, all needed TSERs as steps and all machines configured to be chosen at runtime

Now, when we run this Execution Schedule, the error message is "Internal Error" - nothing more specific. We see the TSER not attempted so suspect the problem to be related to the calling instance.
The problem does not occur when we explicitly specify the machine to run with, so selecting the machine in advance. But that does not help in dynamically allocating resources!

Many thanks in advance!

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Dec 15 '15, 2:31 p.m.

There is something familiar here; let me research my support requests.

Kevin Ramer commented Dec 15 '15, 2:57 p.m.

One thing I am remembering in this context.  It had to do with the lab resources being owned by different project area and some users had no visibility to that project. 

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Jan 05 '16, 6:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stefan,

Do you see any exceptions in qm.log file. Do you see the same error when running the TSER manually?

Comments
Stefan Abraham commented Jan 08 '16, 11:21 a.m.

Hi Reshma, where can I find the qm.log file?

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 08 '16, 2:12 p.m.

The log file will be on the QM server, but could be anywhere.  One would need to check the server/conf/qm/log4j.properties. 

Somewhere in this vicinity in the aforementioned file:

File Appender - Threshold WARN                            

The File attribute represents the log file name and location

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.MaxBackupIndex=13
log4j.appender.file.DatePattern='.'yyyy-ww
log4j.appender.file.File=/clmlogs/rqmmax/qm.log

The appender may have a different type by ( RollingFileAppender, perhaps )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.