It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting Archieved projects in CLM.

Kunal N (872361) | asked Dec 15 '15, 3:37 a.m.
 Hi All,

I had deployed JKE banking life cycle project, but due to some problem I archived JKE banking project from CCM,QM,RM,RELM. Now when I again try to deploy JKE banking project I am getting error related to server. I think this error is possibly due to the project areas already there in system in archived form.

Can we delete the archived projects from CCM,RM,QM,RELM ?
OR Can we restore the archived projects from CCM,RM,QM,RELM...?

Thank you,
Kunal N

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Dec 15 '15, 11:35 p.m.
Deleting a project area is always a highly demanded feature in CLM, see this plan item:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=169949

Regarding JKE Banking project area, you may need to use a different name for the sample project area if original ones are archived.(or you restore the PAs and rename them and archive again)
Kunal N selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ted Mayer (47649) | answered Dec 15 '15, 9:53 a.m.

Hello Kunal,

Unfortunately there is no way to delete an archived project area, we can only archive them. One reason for audibility purposes, so we have a history of the project area(s).

You can restore an archived project be selecting, 'Archived Project Areas' from the Project Areas drop down

Then selecting the 'Restore Project Area' from the Actions column on the right of the project area you would like to restore.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ted

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.