It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plan Views -> Process Template

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Dec 14 '15, 10:39 a.m.
CLM 5.0.2

How do you make your custom Plan Views a part of the exported process template? They did not export with the dashboards, queries, etc....

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 14 '15, 10:42 a.m.
far as I know, you cannot add these to the process template used to create new projects.

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Dec 15 '15, 3:49 a.m.
edited Dec 15 '15, 3:55 a.m.

Good morning,

I have created custom plan views and then promoted them into the Project Area and these are then included when you export the Process Template. (hope we are talking RTC?)

I have not done this in V 5.0.2 - but have done this in 4.0.7 and assume it should be the same. Before you start I'd suggest you copy the Plan View as when you promote it then it is removed from the selection - so if people are using it then you may have issues.

Within Eclipse load the project Area > Configuration Data > Planning:

Step 1. Select Plan Views - Promote the view

Find the New Plan view you want to promote into the Process Template - Select the Promote Button (It's next to the X - delete button) sorry I can't add images not sure why.

Step 2. Select Plan Types - Add the new view to a type of plan

Select one of the plan types and then on the right you will see all of the Plan views available.

Select Add on the right hand side and then select the plan you Promoted in Step 1.

Now you will need to Export the Process Template from within the Project Area.

I hope this helps.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 15 '15, 5:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There were some limitation on what could be promoted in some versions of RTC. Especially TaskBoard views where not supported to be promoted for some versions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.