It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we extract tracebility report in RQM between developement sprint and QA test plans

Muhammad Ramzan (1538) | asked Dec 13 '15, 12:20 a.m.
Is there any way to get tractability report between test plans and development sprints in RQM?

Comments
Muhammad Ramzan commented Dec 15 '15, 1:10 a.m. | edited Dec 23 '15, 12:14 a.m.

Can some one please suggest the solution

Don Yang commented Dec 16 '15, 12:49 a.m.

"development sprint": do you mean test plans linking to those RTC task work items? what is your RQM version?

Muhammad Ramzan commented Dec 16 '15, 1:03 a.m. | edited Dec 16 '15, 1:04 a.m.

Thanks @Don Yang for your reply , my RQM version is 5.0 and below is actually my requirements which i am looking for

We are working in Agile, in RTC we are managing development sprints/Plans and RQM we are managing our test plans. We have a linking our test plans from RQM with the development sprint in RTC.

I want to extract a report which show me all development plans and their linked test plans. This report is help full to find which development plan have not test plan etc..

I tried to extract through cognos, but in warehouse if i try to show data for iterations related test plans, it only showing the link between RQM iterations and RQM test plans not between RQM test plan and RTC iteration.

Clara Forero commented Feb 02 '16, 5:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Muhammad,

How did you link Test Plans (RQM) and Development Sprints (RTC)?  Are you referring to the creation of Test Schedules in the Test Plan?

Thanks,
Clara F

Muhammad Ramzan commented Feb 03 '16, 12:34 a.m.

In RQM(test plan) we have a link "Development Plan Link" where we linked the sprint with test plan. In test cases we also have a link "Development item link" we link the stories with the test cases

One answer

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Feb 03 '16, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Muhammad,

The "Plans" information in CCM is not being populated in the Data Warehouse (DW), therefore you can't create a Cognos report to display the links between those elements and the Test plans in RQM.  Regarding Test Cases, their links to Work Items (i.e. Development Items) are populated into the DW and you should be able to create a Cognos report that shows them.

For other solutions to display the "Plans" information, maybe using the REST API's directly and generating an RPE report would help.  But I'm not an expert in RPE, someone else from the RQM team may be able to confirm if this is a possibility.

Thank you,
Clara F

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Feb 05 '16, 8:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use the RQM Reportable REST API to GET a qm:testplan including any linked development plans (see calmlinks=true request parameter.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.