It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Fetch values from parent work ticket and show it to user into multi select format and store selected value in string

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Dec 11 '15, 7:33 a.m.
  Hi All,
 I have work ticket which stores data of XML format into string attribute.  I want to show the data from parent to child WT  as multi select value and selected value should be stored in string ( XML data) and I want to show this XML data into readable format both in eclipse and web.

what are all the possible ways it can be implemented.

1. I thought of using java value provider for showing string type of xml data from parent.  Recently I had used java value provider because of some issues I converted it into followup condition. but this time it needs user interaction to allow them to select any value
2. I heard that extending editor.presentation it can be done and I don't think it works with web client. So is there best solution which applies for both eclipse client and web.
3.  I have read about HTTP Filtered value set providers  still not clear about how it works.
4.  I am trying to understand process enactment -https://jazz.net/library/article/1093  is that going to help me?
 I appreciate for guidance

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 11 '15, 7:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can tell, you can't use JavaScript. You can't follow the links. So the Process enactment workshop won't help.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ContributingAttributePresentationsV2 explains custom editor presentations. You would have to create them for the Eclipse client and the Web UI.

Another possible method would be a Java based attribute customization a value set provider. You have more API there, but I don't know if the work item link API is available. So I can not say it will definitely be possible. On the other hand we have reference presentations that allow selecting links so that should be doable,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.