It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete an old username

Ross Wagner (1111) | asked Dec 10 '15, 10:20 a.m.
retagged Dec 10 '15, 11:00 a.m. by Patricia Der (5011)
I have two other usernames from my current one which are from when I was an intern at IBM two different times, once in 2010 and again in 2011, and I'd like to have them removed since it causes trouble and confusion when teammates try to assign workitems to me.

Is there anyway to do this or someone that can help?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Patricia Der (5011) | answered Dec 10 '15, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You cannot delete a user in RTC because it can cause problems with artifacts that reference that user. Instead you can archive the user. See http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/tarchiveuser.html

Comments
Ross Wagner commented Dec 10 '15, 11:07 a.m.

OK thanks Patricia. Do you know if there is a way for me to contact an admin for the Jazz server since I am not an admin myself. I'd go in and just change my name myself on my old accounts, but I no longer have access to the email accounts attached to those username, nor do I remember the passwords for them.

Thanks

Kevin Ramer commented Dec 10 '15, 12:17 p.m.

Your best bet is to ask your immediate colleagues.  There are a fairly significant number of RTC deployments within IBM.   I can count 4 w/o even leaving the south eastern US.

If your old ID are archived it will be less likely that assignments will be mislaid.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.