It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Enumeration Value for an RTC Attribute in RPE

Ben Sharples (812758) | asked Dec 10 '15, 5:25 a.m.
I see to be having problems extracting enumerated values for my RTC attributes in my RPE Template.

Template snippet below:

My URI for the template is a filter on a specific Workitem ID so is of the form:
https://greygloom.outer.stellar.local:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/workItem[id=3289]/*/*/*/*/*

The filter on workitem/workItem/allExtensions is: key == RTC Attribute ID
The filter on workitem/projectArea/enumerations/literals is: workitem/workItem/allExtensions/smallStringValue_value == workitem/projectArea/enumerations/literals/id

I am getting a positive return against query $121 and $128 but $129 returns nothing.

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Dec 10 '15, 6:39 a.m.
edited Dec 10 '15, 6:44 a.m.
Are you using Native Filter or Scripted Filter? What is the URL you provide while configuring data source? (You can only set https://greygloom.outer.stellar.local:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem/workItem/id/3289 and need not append fields filtering since RPE does it automatically).

Do you see the output if only key == RTC Attribute ID filter is used?

You can also create a Special Attribute and use it in the template.

If you can share the template, I can check why it is not working.

Comments
Ben Sharples commented Dec 11 '15, 2:14 p.m.

Its not letting me paste the screen shot of my RPE file, or up-load the image file currently.
I'll describe in detail my containers and the queries on them.

Container 1:
Query: workitem/workITem/allExtensions
Scripted Filter on the container is: key == "applicable_variant", where 'key' is from allExtensions and 'applicable_variant' is the ID of my RTC custom enumerated attribute

Container 2: Child of container 1
Query: workiten/workITem/allExtensions/smallStringValue
Data Assigment: Debug - Test, where Debug is a variable I have created in RTC to check data is being returned from the query

Container 3: Child of container 2
Query: workitem/projectArea/enumerations/literals
Data Assignment: Debug2 - Test2

Container 4: Child of container 3
Query: workitem/projectArea/enumerations/literals/name
Scripted filter on the container: _value = id, where '_value' is from smallStringValue and 'id' is from enumerations/literals
Data Assignment 1: Debug 3 - Test3
Data Assignment 2: RTC_ApplicableVariant - workitem/projectArea/enumerations/literals/name/_value.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.