It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error in making a POST call to DOORS[9.6] via RTC[5.0.2] follow-up operation.

Abhishek Kumar (49722) | asked Dec 09 '15, 2:56 a.m.
 Hello Everyone,

We are looking to transfer data from RTC to DOORS through a custom follow-up operation. This operation participant will make a POST call to the DOORS server to create an object in a particular module.

While executing this feature we get an exception thrown while making a POST call to the DOORS system.

The line in which the exception is getting thrown is:
 ClientResponse creationResponse = client.createResource(
                            requirementFactory, requirement,
                            OslcMediaType.APPLICATION_RDF_XML,
                            OslcMediaType.APPLICATION_RDF_XML);
The stack trace of the exception is as follows:

org.apache.wink.client.ClientRuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl incompatible with javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.invoke(ResourceImpl.java:240)
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.invoke(ResourceImpl.java:189)
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.invokeNoException(ResourceImpl.java:181)
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.post(ResourceImpl.java:322)
at org.eclipse.lyo.client.oslc.OslcOAuthClient.createResource(OslcOAuthClient.java:186)
at com.daimler.stan.doorsclient.CrAdapter.transferDatatoCr(CrAdapter.java:204)
at com.daimler.stan.changerequest.CrDoorsAdapter.run(CrDoorsAdapter.java:129)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Any Suggestions on how to handle this exception.

Thanks in Advance.
Abhishek Kumar

One answer

permanent link
Maeve OReilly (3813) | answered Dec 09 '15, 5:51 a.m.
I don't know about your error.  I would start by looking at the https://wiki.eclipse.org/Lyo/BuildClient#DoorsOauthSample there is java code with a sample that creates a requirement in DOORS 9. 

For debugging, if you refer to your logs in DWA/server/festival/logs they can be helpful.  You can get more detailed logging by replacing festival\config\festival-log4j.xml with festival-log4j.xml.support and restarting DWA.

HTH
Maeve

Comments
Abhishek Kumar commented Dec 09 '15, 6:37 a.m.

hello Maeve,

While searching for the cause of the exception. I landed up on a article: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27023305 .. The error mentioned in this article is the same as the one i am encountering.

Even i tried the solution i.e. copying the required jar files in the ccm application web-inf/lib folder and then restarting the CCM server didn't resolve my issue.

From this article it seems that this exception doesn't have any dependency from the doors side as running the exact same code from the command line is able to make the post call to the doors server. (even taking a look at the logs nothing strange was found)

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
Abhishek

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.