It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting access component on RTC

AGNES RETNANINGSIH (1325) | asked Dec 08 '15, 10:10 a.m.
retagged Dec 08 '15, 10:39 a.m. by Patricia Der (5011)

Can somebody tell me how to keep a component on RTC is only accessing from certain team area?
For example, 
I have 2 team area : team area1 and team area2 
I have 2 component : component1 and component2

Can I set that team area1 only access component1 and no need to receive data from component2 even no need to have read access. So it's like component1 is private for team1 so do component2 only for team area2

I've tried the scenario but team area1 still could access (read) component2.

What am I missing? Thanks

Agnes

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Dec 08 '15, 10:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Component Owner and Component Visibility is what I would try with.

When you setting the component owner to a specific Team, you can make this choice :
    "Restrict to members of this team area and its child team areas"

Upon this, have you already tried to set the visibility to the specific Teams? 

Here is the Help link with more details 
Lesson 4: Restrict access to source control artifacts

hope this helps...

Comments
AGNES RETNANINGSIH commented Dec 10 '15, 7:40 a.m. | edited Dec 10 '15, 8:08 a.m.

Thanks dinesh for the reply. The link you gave will make a component is visible only for one member(helen) where as, I need those component visible through some members.

If there's component that invisible for me, is it mean that the source on that component also not load to my local computer?  

Dinesh Kumar B commented Dec 10 '15, 8:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

if you are referring to step 11 from
Lesson 4: Restrict access to source control artifacts, it actually allows you to select a user or a Team Area, which is what I believe would help your cause.  Create a Team composed of those members and set it to that Team Area.

re : If there's component that invisible for me, is it mean that the source on that component also not load to my local computer? 
I am not sure if I understand this completely but without having to be able to see that component, you wouldn't be able to load that component.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.