It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to link Document/module with the RTC work item

Faisal Farooq (1318) | asked Dec 07 '15, 2:32 a.m.
I have a document which has many artifacts . i need to link this document with the work item . could it be possible or if there is any way arround .

3 answers

permanent link
Keith Collyer (456511) | answered Dec 07 '15, 6:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume that by document you mean module? Modules are themselves artifacts, so you should be able to link the module to a work item. Off the top of my head, I cannot recall the linking allowed, but it should be possible

Comments
Faisal Farooq commented Dec 07 '15, 6:59 a.m. | edited Jan 10 '16, 8:46 p.m.

Yes modules are artifact but , linking with the RTC work item is not seems possible . i tried a lot but i couldnt find how to link module with work item.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 07 '15, 7:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
RDNG modules are grouping artifacts and in the CLM implementation they can link to other grouping artifacts, namely test plans (in QM) and release plans (in CCM).

If you want to link a work item to a module, you can do that with the non-OSLC "link" by pasting the module URL into the description or comment field.  There maybe be a general link type you could use (perhaps "link"? I'm not sure).

f you want to us a proper OSLC link, choose an artifact in the module (the first? the second?) and link the work item to it with an "Implements" link (or "implemented by" if the RM artifact is the source and the work item the target). This is a convention you and your team would need to establish for your modules.

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Dec 08 '15, 9:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Here is an enhancement related to this if you want to comment or follow: Cannot Link RTC Work Items to RRC Modules (87386)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.