It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Display 'Filed Against' in widget

Michael Flanagan (111) | asked Dec 03 '15, 12:56 p.m.

I am working in a project space that has multiple teams, each with a unique 'Filed Against' value. I would like to create a program level work item query that meets certain criteria across teams - and display the results showing the 'Filed Against' value so I know which teams have items meeting the criteria.

Is there a way to show 'Filed Against' in a widget?

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Dec 03 '15, 2:28 p.m.
Look at the Work Item Statistics report.  Given some query it can group the data on almost any work item attribute, Filed Against included.

Comments
Michael Flanagan commented Dec 03 '15, 2:51 p.m.

Hi Kevin -

Thanks for your response. In looking at that widget, it seems that I can only display the number of items in my query by the selected attribute (Filed Against). What I was hoping for was the ability to see the work item ID, Summary, and Filed Against in a list format. Sorry I wasn't more clear about that.

But, I am already looking at this widget for another purpose!

Mike

Kevin Ramer commented Dec 03 '15, 3:19 p.m.

You can drill-through on each of the categories.  Also, you can add any attribute to the display of the Query ( just cannot group the query result ) and it is possible that a result would be too large to display all the found work items ( default is 1000 results on a query )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.