It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

modify RTC team hiearchy on the fly

Gary Dang (59328855) | asked Dec 02 '15, 1:38 p.m.
While the Categories hierarchy can be directly changed/reorganized from the RTC Administration UI, it seems that the Team Hierarchy can not be directly modified from the same UI. Do you know how we can change the Team hierarchy structure without having to rebuilt the entire associations from scratch (in CLM 4x, 5x, or 6x)?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 02 '15, 2:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the Eclipse Team Organization view, you can right click on a team area, and select the Move operation.   I don't see a way to do it in the Web UI.
Gary Dang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gary Dang commented Dec 02 '15, 2:46 p.m.

hi Geoff, Eclipse way will do. Thanks!

2 other answers

permanent link
katherine szczech (112) | answered Dec 04 '15, 12:23 p.m.
There is an out-dated article against RTC 3.0 but it seems that some of the features and functionality still pertain to the more recent versions of RTC.  Next to each feature in this article you'll see which RTC interface supports it.
https://jazz.net/library/article/534

I haven't been able to find a more extensive or more recent document showing which features are supported in the Eclipse vs Web client.

permanent link
katherine szczech (112) | answered Dec 02 '15, 2:32 p.m.
Per Geoffrey Clemm's suggestion of Eclipse Team Organization view from Eclipse, you can also drag and drop team areas to move them around.  I too have not seen a way to do this from the Web UI.

Comments
Gary Dang commented Dec 04 '15, 11:20 a.m.

hi Geoff/Kathy, is there a quick guide that highlights other Eclipse client features that are not available in the web client?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.