It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMWordImporter: how to import whole MS Word Table

Gabor Federics (34418) | asked Dec 01 '15, 3:47 a.m.
Is it possible to import a whole MS Word table into a RichText section of a testcase?

What I've tried and did not work:
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.caseTestScope", "RQM-KEY-TC-TEST-SCOPE-TITLE")=RichText(Table("TestCaseTable").A & Table("TestCaseTable").B)

testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.caseTestScope", "RQM-KEY-TC-TEST-SCOPE-TITLE")=RichText(Table("TestCaseTable"))

Do you have any idea how to construct such a script?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Dec 02 '15, 5:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gabor,

Currently we dont have any such feature but there is one planned for RQM 6.0.2 release.

support HTML tags on excel import (144483)
Gabor Federics selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Gabor Federics (34418) | answered Dec 02 '15, 7:02 a.m.
Hi Reshma,

thanks for your prompt answer. I think enhancement 144483 would not be a solution for my problem.
I have to import the tables from MS Word document: either the whole tables or a number of rows into a RichText section in RQM.
Is it going to be supported as well?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Dec 08 '15, 9:58 p.m.

I really doubt that. The source code for a table in a MS Word document can be way more complicated than you can imagine. To implement such feature, the importer has to first analyze the source code, and then translate it into (X)HTML, and hopefully maintaining how it "looks". The effort may just not be worthwhile.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.