It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to prevent scheduled CLM Data Movement tasks from running at the same time

Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | asked Nov 25 '15, 10:36 a.m.
edited Nov 26 '15, 5:12 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
I am using IBM Rational Insight integrated with IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution (CLM).

I have published CLM_5.0_All Data Movement Task in IBM Cognos Data Manager (DM) to the reporting server and scheduled it to run every 6 hours using IBM Cognos Connection (CC) web application.

When it happens that a Data Movement Task takes longer than 6 hours, the next one starts at the scheduled time which leads to errors.

I would like for the next Data Movement Task to start after the previous one is finished or at the next scheduled time.

How can I prevent scheduled CLM Data Movement tasks from running at the same time?

One answer

permanent link
Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | answered Nov 25 '15, 11:13 a.m.
edited Nov 26 '15, 5:13 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
It is not possible to prevent concurrent execution of multiple Data Movement tasks in IBM Cognos Connection.

You can use Microsoft Windows Task Scheduler to schedule Data Movement tasks using IBM Cognos Data Manager application. This allows you to configure the behavior for preventing concurrent execution.

To schedule Data Movement tasks using Task Scheduler:
  1. Disable the schedule in IBM Cognos Connection.

2. Open the IBM Cognos Data Manager application.

3. Navigate to the job which you are running (e.g. CLM_5.0_All).

4. Right click on the job and select Execute...

5. Disable Pause after completion in the pop-up window and select the logging level you want.

6. Copy the command (rundsjob.exe with additional parameters) from the textbox to clipboard.

7. Open the Task Scheduler in Windows.

8. Create a new task to run the rundsjob.exe application with the parameters from step 4.

9. Configure in the Triggers tab how often the job is running.

10. Configure in the Settings tab what happens if the previous task is still running when new one should start according to the schedule (e.g. Do not start another instance).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.