It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to upgrade Report Builder in a distributed CLM system without mapping network drives

Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | asked Nov 24 '15, 9:44 a.m.
edited Nov 26 '15, 4:38 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
I want to upgrade IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution (CLM) 5.0.2 to 6.0 in a distributed environment on Windows.

I don't have a possibility to map network drives between the individual machines in the system. It looks like this is a problem for the IBM Rational Report Builder (RB) application.

The Interactive Upgrade Guide states the following:

To upgrade the Report Builder application, you must run the wrapper script. The Report Builder application does not include repotools. To use the wrapper script, you must be able to mount the network drive that the Report Builder application is installed on.

How can I upgrade Report Builder in a distributed CLM if I cannot map network drives?

2 answers

permanent link
Darren Coffin (1823) | answered Nov 24 '15, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Adam,

The upgrade scripts try to check the version of your JTS to make sure that it has been upgraded first before the other apps.  If it is in a distributed environment, the officially recommended way is to map a network drive.  But as long as you make sure to upgrade JTS first, you can then include the "-ignoreJTSVersionCheck" option in your rs_upgrade.bat command to get around this without having to map a drive.

permanent link
Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | answered Nov 24 '15, 9:56 a.m.
edited Nov 24 '15, 10:01 a.m.
You can still upgrade the RB application in a distributed environment using the rs_upgrade.bat script directly with -ignoreJTSVersionCheck argument.

This argument will skip attempts to access the IBM Rational Jazz Team Server's (JTS) installation directory to perform version compatibility checks.

To upgrade RB application in a distributed environment without mapping network drives:
  1. Open command prompt.
  2. Change directory to RB installation directory\server .
  3. Run the following command:
    upgrade\rs\rs_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome old version installation directory\server \conf -updateTomcatFiles no -ignoreJTSVersionCheck -noPrompt -noVerify -noStepPrompt -noEditor .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.