It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I report on the age of defects (in a particular state) in my workflow?

Gregory Mountford (1111) | asked Nov 23 '15, 8:48 a.m.
We have a defect workflow that has (among others) a "Accepted", a "In Progress" and a "Ready" state.

I need to know how to run a query to see how long defects have been in a specific state.

Histogram View:
My backlog (the accepted state) may have many very old items that are becoming stale. I need to know if this is happening so I'd like a histogram graph showing the number of defects vs. the age in state "Accepted".

Burndown View:
I would also like to know the average age of defects in the "Accepted" state - to make sure that my work-rate is high enough.

Work-rate per team member:
I would also like to know the workrate (defects moving from "Accepted" to "In Progress"; and "In Progress" to "Ready") per team member.  I would also like to be able to get a histogram view as described above per team member for the "In Progress" state to make sure that no defects are getting neglected.

Regards,
Greg

One answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Nov 23 '15, 9:15 a.m.
edited Nov 23 '15, 9:19 a.m.
If you are using CLM 5.0.2+ you can use JRS to build such report. If not, try the RRDI or BIRT reports. Unfortunately using simple queries you can't do that.

Comments
Gregory Mountford commented Nov 23 '15, 9:23 a.m.

Any clues as to how to do it?

Tiago Moura commented Nov 23 '15, 9:37 a.m. | edited Nov 23 '15, 9:40 a.m.

Which solution? Using JRS is pretty easy to explain, but the others are a bit complex...

In this answer are giving some tips:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/199437/how-to-extract-workitem-state-change-historty-data-from-rtc

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.