It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM: run without options not offered for TCER without test script

Jörg Werner (3033781) | asked Nov 19 '15, 9:39 a.m.
Hello,

for a few test cases we have no assigned test script (e.g. check MISRA rules for complete source code).

Nevertheless we want to assign a build record to the test result.

When starting a TCER with assigned test script the option "Run with options" is offered and we can assign a build record.
If no test script is assigned the option is disabled.

Nevertheless it is in both cases possible to assign later a build record (after execution -> show results).

For me that is inconsistent. Is there a explantion for this behaviour in 5.0.2?
Is this changed in a later release?

Thanks, jörg

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Nov 19 '15, 10:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since there is no test script, use the action menu and then select Run Test -> Create Result without Execution.  This will give you the same popup menu.  Since there is no script there is nothing to run.
Jörg Werner selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Nov 20 '15, 12:47 a.m.

Hi David,

from my point of view it looks different. Only because a test case has no test script it can be "run"/performed anyway. Indeed the "Run" option is enabled. Only "run without options" is disabled.

We have several test cases without test script where we do not need do specify detailed test steps (test scripts).

E.g. "Perform a QAC check for the complete software. No warnings >= 4 allowed".
The tester executes the test case and assign build record and results directly to the test case. That is for us a perfect use case

Kind regads, Jörg

One other answer

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Nov 20 '15, 10:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't understand the confusion.  You are creating a result without using running a test script which is what the last option on the Run menu is used for e.g. "Create Result without Execution"  which means you have run the test outside of RQM (no test script in RQM) and want to post the result.  You get the familiar popup where you can annotate the result.  I think it is very consistent.

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Nov 22 '15, 3:07 a.m.

Hi David,

my question is about build records not the final result.

If a test script is assigned I have two possibilities:
  1) assign build record before execution
            (our preferred solution and working instruction for our testers)
  2) assign build record after execution (e.g. show results)

If no test script is assigned I have only one possibility
  1) assign build record after execution (of course execution is outside RQM)

Thanks, Jörg

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.