It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I create a custom attribute that has an enumeration but also allows an integer value?

James Palmer (3349) | asked Nov 18 '15, 6:45 p.m.
When you click on the triangle by Effective Estimate, you get an enumeration of different values that you can select from.  You can also click on the text of Effective Estimate and get fields where you can type in values different than what is on the Enumeration list.  I'd like to be able to do a similar thing with Story Points (Complexity)... where it will give me the standard list of Fibonacci type numbers, but would also allow me to hand modify the numbers.  The use case for this is, I want to pre-estimate the size of an epic with a place holder story... say 100 pts.  But, then I want to create "real" stories, say one at 5 pts and one at 8 pts... So, to maintain the epic at 100 pts, I'd need my place holder story to be worth 87 pts... maybe there is a different solution? 

One answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Nov 18 '15, 7:03 p.m.
 As far as I know, you can't do exactly what you want. But why not use a simple field, without enumerations?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.