It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to suppress the ISPFGateway.log publishing in z/OS Dependency builds?

Alex Akilov (1211724) | asked Nov 17 '15, 5:52 p.m.
 It appears that every time we use a Translator that calls a Rexx exec the build result gets an ISPFGateway.log attached to it for that step.  I can see how this may be useful when you have debugging turned on but there should be a way to run the build without these logs being attached to the build result.  What's the magic incantation (if any) to suppress these logs?

One answer

permanent link
Hung Lam (2911915) | answered Nov 17 '15, 8:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Alex,

There are 2 options in the "Output Publishing" tab:

_ Publish job output log
_ Publish only when an error occurred

The first option disabled all log publishing even there is an error.  The second option publishes the log only when there is an error (It's only enabled if the first option is selected).

Comments
Alex Akilov commented Nov 18 '15, 12:47 p.m.

Hung,

So you're saying that it's an all or nothing?  We do want to publish some logs (e.g. listings) but not the gateway logs. With other translators, we can control what gets published but with the gateway, the publish isn't optional.  That's a problem.
Also, what if I want to check both the 3rd checkbox (zip up logs on success) and the 2nd (publish logs on error)?  

Hung Lam commented Nov 20 '15, 9:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Alex,
This setting controls all logs. 
The 2nd box is for "Publish only when there is an error", and the 3rd box is for "Publish successful logs in a zip file".   I assume you want  a new option "Publish error logs in a zip file"?

Alex Akilov commented Dec 04 '15, 5:54 p.m.

Hung,

Publish error logs option would be good..  However, I also think that the option of whether to publish the gateway log should be a checkbox on the translator.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.