It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mandatory fields for 2 seperate avenues to the same workflow state

Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | asked Nov 16 '15, 6:21 a.m.

Hi

When setting mandatory fields for a Defect workflow, I use the pre-conditions and follow up section under CCM. The mandatory fields are only set on a final state. For e.g. on the workflow state "Closed", I can set "Verified Release" as a mandatory field. However, what if there is 2 ways to get to the "Closed" state, and I want certain mandatory fields for only 1 of the ways to get to closed ( for e,g only from Open to Closed, and not Vendor Release to Closed).

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks

Leesen

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Nov 16 '15, 6:28 a.m.

Hi,

Are you using Resolutions for the closed State?   in which case you case you can look at the resoultion and then define the Mandatory settings for each.   Just one suggestion..  or you are into Script Based validators I think.

Regards

Matt

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 16 '15, 6:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A JavaScript or Java Conditions know the action taken and can, based on that be use together with the Required Attributes for Condition pre-condition to make this possible.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.