It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazzignore - How to ignore all directories of a certain name

Yael K (471130) | asked Nov 16 '15, 2:30 a.m.
retagged Nov 30 '15, 4:16 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
 Hi all,

I have a project where a directory named "bin", which contains binaries, is created in random locations in the directory tree.
I want to be able to ignore this directory from within the .jazzignore file located in the root folder.

I found how to do it with .gitignore:
A leading " ** " followed by a slash means match in all directories. For example, " **/foo " matches file or directory " foo " anywhere, the same as pattern " foo ". " **/foo/bar " matches file or directory " bar " anywhere that is directly under directory " foo ".
Is there a similar solution for .jazzignore?

Thanks!
Yael

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Nov 17 '15, 7:09 p.m.
If the "bin" directory is generated by Eclipse compiling, by default the directory will be marked as derived by eclipse. And Jazz doesn't commit derived resources.
You can check the "bin" directory's properties from Package Explorer if it has "Derived" attribute checked.
If it does not, you can right-click the directory and select "Team > Add to Ignore List" to manually add the directory to ignore list. The file ".jazzignore" will be updated with the following content:

core.ignore= \
    {bin}

Please refer to document https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_eclipse_ignore.html&scope=null about the usage of .jazzignore file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.