It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Publishing Artifacts on RTC using Ant build tool

Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | asked Nov 15 '15, 8:14 a.m.
 Hi,

I have came to know that using "artifactFilePublisher" Ant task, it is recommended to publish upto 10 Mega Bytes file to RTC build result.

Does it mean that we cannot publish more than 10 Mega Byte file? If yes, then what is an alternative to upload more than 10 MB file.

Thanks in advance.
Sajjad Ali Khan

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 15 '15, 3:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 15 '15, 3:33 p.m.
I'd recommend storing only information about your build in RTC, and use a binary repository manager, such as Artifactory, Nexus, or Archiva, to store the actual binaries.  For a comparison of these binary repository managers, you can look at: https://binary-repositories-comparison.github.io

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 15 '15, 10:18 a.m.
From my perspective you shouldn't do that. You can, but it will just increase your repostory size. Read Build Artifacts Publishing and Automated Build Output Management Using the Plain Java Client Libraries and consider such a solution.

Comments
Sajjad Ali Khan commented Nov 16 '15, 3:52 a.m.

I read your article and find it a good one. I understand that I should use Apache HTTP server and ArtifactLinkPublisher ant task to achieve my goal.

I have one question related to this article. In " Locate the Build Output Root Folder" section, we are usingĀ <JBE_installDir>/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/JKEBuild as the output folder to be publish to RTC Build results But as per my understanding it would contain only the source code, NOT the build results i.e. binary artifacts like DLLs, JAR, EXE etc

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 16 '15, 4:08 a.m. | edited Nov 16 '15, 4:10 a.m.

Usually, the files generated during a build are stored somewhere relative to the source code. It depends on how you organize your build. In the JKE Banking Example, the generated data is in the folder /build under the folder created for each build. So if the build output is published in e.g. the folder I20151028-1738, it contains the loaded repository workspace and the executable result as well.
I think this is a good approach, because that keeps all relevant data together for each build.

Sajjad Ali Khan commented Nov 17 '15, 1:08 a.m.

You mean that I can find the executables somewhere in the Load Directory? I have tried to find it but could not see any thing.

Secondly, in your article "Delete Directory before loading" is checked in Jazz source Control TAB. Keeping this check enable deletes the loaded source code every time it is build and generates a new one. What if I uncheck this option?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 17 '15, 1:52 a.m.

I wrote these articles because I wanted them to be read. All your questions are pretty much answered there.

1. Each build has its own folder, the way it is set up in that scenario, so there is nothing to be deleted and deletion is not desired, as you want to publish the result.
2. Where the binaries reside is up to your build scripts, the JKE example stores them in the build folder.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.