It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we retrieve unicode (or non-ascii) characters from RQM REST API?

Paul Spalitta (8143037) | asked Nov 13 '15, 10:57 a.m.
Some of my users are inserting non-ascii characters into test steps. These characters look fine in the RQM UI, however they do not come through in the RQM API. The API replaces the characters with Hex UTF-8 bytes: EF BF BD.

Is there a way to get the API to serve up the non-ascii characters as represented in the UI?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Nov 15 '15, 10:14 p.m.

Can you show what it looks like in a screen shot? I tried a few Chinese characters mixed with Vietnamese, and saw the characters without any problems (such as in their encoded form) in the XML presentation.

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Dec 06 '15, 11:24 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Paul,

Could you try validating the test step content? Test script editor got the button 'Validate Content' (next to 'Insert Table') which can validate non-supported characters (may be MS word specific tag might have got introduced while copy+paste). I suggest to 'Validate Content' and attempt with RQM API again to check if you are getting different result. 

If you are still observing the issue, please share those characters and RQM version for further investigation.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.