It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get a server side delivery precondition to fire

Guy Slade (64158) | asked Nov 12 '15, 1:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I am stumped. I have a project area with a stream belonging to the project team. I have a timeline where the current iteration has an iteration type of 'End Game'. The End Game iteration type has a server side delivery precondition set so that a work item approval is required. I have a task that has its 'planned for' set to the current iteration and a change set attached to it. But I can deliver the change set without a work item approval.

I have a 'sandbox' project area on the same server where I have set up the same thing and the precondition gets triggered and I can not deliver the change set...as expected.

I have added a client side precondition to the iteration type, I have added a client and server precondition to the iteration itself. The project area that does not work inherits process from another project area and so I have also hooked my sandbox to inherit as well and the precondition was still working in my sandbox.

I can't see anything obvious and I have run out of ideas to play around with. Anyone got any suggestions?

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 12 '15, 2:39 p.m.
do you have the same role assignments for the user and the preconditions?

I made a mistake like that, I was in the everyone group, and the precondition was configured in the developer group.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Nov 12 '15, 3:49 p.m.

To expand this further:  If a behavior is defined on Everyone  and some other role for the same operation,  there will be cases where the Everyone behavior is ignored.   Said another way,  operation behaviors do not cumulate.  

Guy Slade commented Nov 12 '15, 4:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Guys .... what I have is the single delivery precondition set for 'everyone (default)'. It's not set for any other role and although I have a 'developer' role I would expect this to trigger for me. There absolutely nothing else set for anything and any other role in the iteration type.

This is a real head scratcher.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.