It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running a Defect Query returns entries in the "Resolution" field for New defects

Pat McCabe (112) | asked Nov 11 '15, 5:51 a.m.
Hi,

We have created a new RTC repository recently and I created a number of defects in it. Some are at state New, some resolved etc.

The workflow is set up so that Resolution is not shown for New defects. When I open up a defect in a New state, I see there is no resolution set, as expected.

However, when I run my defect query to return the defects, any defects that are marked as New, now have a Resolution filled in for them (in the results page).

Has anyone seen this before?

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Nov 11 '15, 3:38 p.m.
edited Nov 11 '15, 3:40 p.m.
Well, you said:
any defects that are marked as New, now have a Resolution filled in
My first suggestion would be to look at the History for one of those work items.   I just walked through a simple work flow and the history shows a resolution being set, but then when Reopen was chosen, the resolution removed.

Another suggestion is to open the project configuration in the Eclipse Client, go to the section Project Configuration / Work Items / Configuratio Data / Types and Attributes.   Select the work item type ( Defect ) and click the label that says "Check work flow usages in repository"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.