It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does "Contributor" field type work?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Nov 05 '15, 4:02 p.m.
I have a "Person Responsible" field which is of "Contributor" type.
 A few people have noticed that the user dropdowns do not display all people who can be selected. However they do show up if you run a search. Is there some hierarchy or filter at work here, or is there a maximum number of values that can be displayed in a user-list/dropdown?

Please let me know.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 06 '15, 5:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know, the contributor selection will initially pick up users that have a close relationship to the work item e.g. by being in the team. I don't know the details, but that is what I have seen in the past. The reason why it does not show all users initially is obvious, if there are several hundreds of users, it would
  1. Take a lot of time to retrieve and show them all
  2. Make it very hard to find users in the long list

Comments
Pravin Patil commented Nov 06 '15, 3:33 p.m.

Is there any limit on number of users that the contributor list shows?

Kevin Ramer commented Nov 06 '15, 3:58 p.m.

I've seen 200-250 in certain contexts [ more from the admin side of things ]
If you get the search dialog and click the "Show All" it will show 1st 250.

Donald Nong commented Nov 08 '15, 8:22 p.m.

Indeed, when searching the contributors, the query is similar to
/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.IAdminRestService/contributors?hideArchivedUsers=true&hideAdminGuest=true&hideUnassigned=true&pageSize=250&searchTerm=%25d%25&sortBy=name&pageNum=0
I believe the page size of 250 is hard coded as I cannot find anywhere the change it in the Advanced Properties page.

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Nov 05 '15, 10:45 p.m.
Your custom "Contributor" type attribute might have a special value set definition.

For exmaple, 
Role-based user lists in https://jazz.net/library/article/537

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.