It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to share a PlanPreview workitem editor presentation across multiple work items

nannette Mori (50572) | asked Nov 04 '15, 4:14 p.m.

RTC 5.0.2

What I am trying to accomplish:  I want to add a new attribute to the PlanPreview workitem editor presentation to multiple work items.

Problem:   I can only modify one Plan Preview Work Item Editor Presentation with New presentations I cannot update other WI's Plan Preview Work Item Editor Presentation because the presentation is not available in the presentation pick list 

What I tried to do

I replaced  each of my work items with the same Plan Preview workitem editor presentation that I updated for the first work item, I was then able to view the new attributes in each of the work item from the plans, however  the details section for each work item are not the same, so when I am in a plan and right  click and select "edit work Item" the details section displays, but it is the details section associated with the first work item, not the work item details section associated with the work item.  What I'm seeing if I replace each WI with the modified Plan Preview Work Item Editor Presentation from the first WI I can then view the new presentation in each WI but whats displays is the details section from the first WI???!???

One answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Nov 05 '15, 4:33 a.m.

Hi nannetta,

The Plan Preview Work Item editor out of the Box work in a different way to the Normal full presentations.

In the Editor Presention view if you are using an out of the box IBM configuration you should see "com.ibm.team.apt.planPreview".  In this Presentation you will see One Section Per Work Item:

Each Section has an ID and that is what you select and Use in the Work Item Types and Attributes:

For Example Risk Work Item uses Plan Editor Preview - com.ibm.apt.planPreview.Risk

Tip:  If you select the Show ID's option at the bottom of the Editor Presentations you will see the "Actual Plan View"

If you want to add a new Attribute to the PlanPreview Editor then you select the "com.ibm.team.apt.planPreview" then add the new attribute to each of the WI Details Section you require.

If you have a custom configuration then things may be different.

It took me a while to figure out how the plan preview views worked!  good luck

Comments
nannette Mori commented Nov 05 '15, 10:26 a.m.

Hi Matt,

Thank You for answering.  So if I edit the com.ibm.team.apt.planPreview and I go to the details section for each work Item and add the presentation.  Would that work item use the com.ibm.apt.planPreview?  I mean if I edit the details section for workItem task in the com.team.apt.planPreview and what planPreview do I associate with the task workitem. 

Matt Muller commented Nov 05 '15, 10:41 a.m. | edited Nov 05 '15, 7:07 p.m.

Hi nannetta,

Yes to the first part - but beware if the content is shared?  Sometimes the PlanPreview just shares the content from the Standard Work Items Editor...   so if you edit the Presentation com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default - Details section this maybe shared?

So do the update in the Editor Presentation section - Check the Actual ID... of that tab.

Then return to the Type and Attributes select the view.. (mostly if configured as standard have ....PlanPreview."WI name"  e.g.  com.ibm.team.apt.planPreview.default.

In my example the "Task" work item is based on OpenUp Template - so it's configured for the Defualt Editors etc.

Or the other example is Risk Work Item:  com.ibm.team.apt.planPreview.risk.

I hope this helps - difficult in some ways to explain as I don't know your config details...

If it's not standard take a look at an out of the box IBM version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.