It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Read data from db2 database to show on Jazz Web UI screen

Pankaj Sharma (401169) | asked Nov 04 '15, 4:03 p.m.
I wanted to create a custom page on my RCT project area and display information about saved workitems, Is it possible to fetch data from from the database (db2), Is there any mapping i.e. what is the name of the table or column?

2 answers

permanent link
Denise McLaughlin (49518) | answered Nov 05 '15, 8:18 a.m.

Hi Pankaj,

If you have your data in a dashboard widget you can export the widget and embed that in a web page.  Also, you can build a report in JRS and use the report URL in a page.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Nov 04 '15, 4:54 p.m.
edited Nov 04 '15, 4:56 p.m.
I would advise against this idea as:

• The RTC database schema is not public, as such it could change; having looked at it some, the work item is a representation backed by many tables and the configuration of each project area.
  • You will have difficulty even making a connection to the database which would require that your RTC provider be willing to allow. 
  • Assuming you could get the connection, it will bypass all access safeguards enforced by RTC.  For this reason alone we have turned this kind of request aside [ I am on a team that provides RTC service to several thousand users ].
  • There are numerous work item reports and viewlets designed for the purpose of displaying information
Just my $0.02.  

Comments
Pankaj Sharma commented Nov 04 '15, 11:26 p.m.

Hello Kevin,
My requirement is displaying various attributes from different - different work item, in tabular form, Can you suggest me how that can be made.

Appreciate your help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.