It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Check In Process enhancement

Verdan Salay (18817) | asked Nov 04 '15, 11:32 a.m.
 Hi RTC SME's,

I was wondering if it is possible to attach a script to check in process of RTC Desktop Client?
If Yes, can you show me how

The script will be modifying a line inside the file to be checked in.

Regards,
Verdan

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 04 '15, 12:12 p.m.
you cannot attach a script, but you could write a server side extension..

there is one provided that adds comments to code or checks them.

you could find its source in the SDK with a little investigation.
9hint, configure it, then look at the process config XML to get its classname.

then look thru the sdk jar files to find that class, and then extract its source.

course, you will need to take the extensions project to learn how they work.
https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

Comments
Verdan Salay commented Nov 06 '15, 12:39 a.m.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your answer, but I am looking for how RTC can add the version inside the file being checked into the Jazz Team Server.

I am still reading through the article though

sam detweiler commented Nov 06 '15, 7:34 a.m.

Also note that RTC doesn't store the 'file' it stores the 'changes',  so, like Ralph mentions, adding another change would make it  different.

Verdan Salay commented Nov 09 '15, 2:47 a.m.

Thank you Sam

But what about if the change or the macro for version is to updated before check in.

I made a simple script that could change a part of the file holding the version macro before the file is checked in. but i am wondering if that could be attach to the Desktop client itself so that it could be automated

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 06 '15, 2:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 06 '15, 7:56 a.m.
As far as I am aware, we don't have an extension point on check in. If we had one that runs before the check in happens, it would be an advisor and that would not allow to modify the data but only allow to prevent the check in.

A follow up action could do manipulations, but that would potentially cause a new change set and the change would be not in your local file so the workspace would be out of sync. I am not sure if this can be done.

Comments

Verdan Salay commented Nov 09 '15, 2:48 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I saw your answer in my other question, but what if i could create a script that would automatically change a part of the file before check in?

could that script be attach to RTC Desktop Client so that every time I do check in that script would be executed.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 09 '15, 2:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Good luck with that, but then it needs to be hooked into the Eclipse extension points and not into the RTC Extension points.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.