It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CSS applied on full application

Pankaj Sharma (401169) | asked Nov 04 '15, 11:20 a.m.

I am using web ui theming and I applied css on elements on my work items, but the problem is the same theme is applied across the server.

e.g. if I want to design a radio button on a particular form but its the same theme applied across.

If there would have been unique IDs for each control or a page name is for individual forms then my solution would have worked.

Is there any work around for this?

One answer

permanent link
Lam To (216) | answered Nov 04 '15, 1:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You might want to use a more restrictive CSS rule for your customization that apply only to the desired web UI area. In this wiki, it talks about this in greater length: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WebUITheming#Custom_CSS. Here's the excerpt from that wiki that talks specifically about this:

Tip: If you would like to alter the appearance of a certain UI element, use a tool like Firebug to inspect the DOM node and see what CSS rules are affecting its appearance. You can then create a theme that overrides those rules in order to alter the element's appearance.

Comments
Pankaj Sharma commented Nov 04 '15, 4:08 p.m.

Hello Lam,

The custom CSS also not sufficient, The css selector is a generic that we can apply and which does get applied onto other work items, if the same element exists on other workitem.

I don't see any specific CSS selector, as the ID name & Class Name is common across different work item.

Any suggestion

Lam To commented Nov 05 '15, 11:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The UI theming is really for customizing a class of UI for the site. I think what you want is to customize a specific work item artifact, e.g., work item 21. For that you might want to explore creating custom attribute/work item type and provide custom theme for those specific attribute/work item type. This way only the work item of that type will have the customized theme.

Hope this helped.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.