It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC workitem template update

IBM Rational Product User (23316) | asked Nov 04 '15, 8:38 a.m.
 In RTC, Is there a way to update work item Tracker to add/delete work items ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Gabriel Enriquez (3463) | answered Nov 05 '15, 12:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is an existing enhancement for this, you can vote and/or add any additional comments.
IBM Rational Product User selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Nov 04 '15, 1:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't understand your question and I don't see how it goes with the title of your question which is about workitem templates.

Can you rephrase your question?  Do you have a custome workitem called 'Tracker'? Do you just want to know if you can detele workitems?

Comments
IBM Rational Product User commented Nov 05 '15, 5:04 a.m.

Hello,

RTC has a way of creating workitem templates which gives you a way to associate multiple workitems into one template. If you select to create workitem from template, it replicates the whole list of workitems. I could create a workitem template, but If i want to update that template for addition of 2 more workitems, it does not give any option to edit. It only shows option of delete template and add new template. Is there any way, we can edit workitem template ?

Regards,
Riddhi Shah

Rosa Naranjo commented Nov 05 '15, 11:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Riddhi
Adding a new template is the only way I know of to make changes to a workitem template.

sam detweiler commented Nov 05 '15, 12:31 p.m.

there is an unsupported way.

the template is stored as an xml  file in the process area attachments.  you can download the xml (from eclipse),  edit it to add/remove workitems, then upload it to the attachments, replacing the one that is there.

otherwise u have to recreate the template over again
there is no doc, you will have to examine and learn the xml data structure

IBM Rational Product User commented Nov 10 '15, 4:31 a.m.

Thanks Rosa & Sam.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.