It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading CLM 5.0.2 to 6.0.0 fails on RM Upgrade Script

Cameron McKay (571021) | asked Nov 03 '15, 10:31 a.m.
edited Nov 03 '15, 10:33 a.m.
 Hey guys,

I'm attempting to upgrade from CLM 5.0.2 to 6.0.0 with a default install using Windows Server 2008 R2, Apache Tomcat and Apache Derby.  I'm able to run the JTS, QM and CCM upgrade scripts successfully.  However, when I run the RM upgrade script I receive an error on Step 1: Add Tables.

The error reads as follows:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported content type [application/xml] for RDF model

I did some research and discovered that IBM released a fix for Rational Doors 6.0 that resolved this problem.  The article that details the fix is found here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PI45832 and the fix itself is found here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24040966#DNLD

I applied the fix following the instructions detailed by IBM.  Specifically, I did the following:
1. Create patch folder in CLM 6.0 directory
2. Place patch in patch folder
3. Run the CLM 6.0 server (before upgrading)
4. Wait for CLM 6.0 server to fully start
5. Shutdown CLM 6.0 server and proceed with the upgrade

After doing this I proceeded to upgrade and received the same error (java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported content type [application/xml] for RDF model).

Looking for some guidance or help on this.  Does anyone know if this problem exists when upgrading from CLM 5.0.0 or 5.0.1?

Cheers, Cam.

3 answers

permanent link
Melissa Kivisto (2871021) | answered Nov 03 '15, 10:45 a.m.
Hi Cam,

Did you try cleaning the repotools command and clearing the cache?

To clean, run:
repotools-rm -clean

To clear cache for Tomcat:
Remove contents from these directories under the tomcat root: temp,work.

permanent link
Cameron McKay (571021) | answered Nov 04 '15, 9:53 a.m.
edited Nov 04 '15, 11:28 a.m.
Thanks for the information Melissa.  I've added the clean and clear cache instructions to my deployment process.

When I verify the new build ID it remains RJF-I20150519-1056.  According to this document https://delivery04.dhe.ibm.com/sar/CMA/RAA/05ouw/0/readme.txt, I believe the build ID should be I20151014-2017.

EDIT: I was able to apply the interim fix successfully.  I'm going to try the upgrade again.  I'll post the results.

permanent link
Kegham Anbarjian (231611) | answered Oct 16 '16, 8:35 p.m.
I had a similar experience during the repotools-rm_addTables step of the rm_upgrade.bat. I am upgrading from CLM 5.0.2 to CLM 6.0.2. In this case, rm_upgrade.bat successfully completed. Upon review of the log file repotools-rm_addTables.log, it threw the following error:

CRRRS9655E  com.ibm.rdm.views storage area retrieval failed.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported content type [application/xml] for RDF model
    at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.core.jpi.internal.ServiceResponse.getModel(ServiceResponse.java:442)
    at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.core.jpi.internal.ServiceResponse.getAdapter(ServiceResponse.java:179)
    at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.core.jpi.internal.JAFServiceResponse.getAdapter(JAFServiceResponse.java:128)
    at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.config.namespace.NamespaceUtil.createNamespace(NamespaceUtil.java:141)
    at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.config.namespace.NamespaceUtil.run(NamespaceUtil.java:42)
    at com.ibm.rdm.repotools.commands.upgrade.migration.ServerMigrationHandler.rebuildStorageAreas(ServerMigrationHandler.java:347)
    at com.ibm.rdm.repotools.commands.upgrade.migration.ServerMigrationHandler.doMigration(ServerMigrationHandler.java:199)
    at com.ibm.rdm.repotools.commands.upgrade.migration.ServerMigrationHandler.access$1(ServerMigrationHandler.java:186)
    at com.ibm.rdm.repotools.commands.upgrade.migration.ServerMigrationHandler$1.run(ServerMigrationHandler.java:177)
    at com.ibm.rdm.repotools.commands.upgrade.migration.ServerMigrationHandler.runWithAuthContext(ServerMigrationHandler.java:155)
    at com.ibm.rdm.repotools.commands.upgrade.migration.ServerMigrationHandler.handleMigration(ServerMigrationHandler.java:173)
    at com.ibm.rdm.repotools.internal.migration.RMProcessMigrationHelper.runServerMigration(RMProcessMigrationHelper.java:715)
    at com.ibm.rdm.repotools.internal.migration.RMProcessMigrationHelper.migrateSpecification(RMProcessMigrationHelper.java:342)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:95)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy680.migrateSpecification(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.migration.ProcessSettingsMigrationUtil.migrateProcessSpecification(ProcessSettingsMigrationUtil.java:143)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.migration.ProcessSettingsMigrationUtil.migrateProcessSettings(ProcessSettingsMigrationUtil.java:98)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.migration.ProcessMigrationHandlerTo24.migrateContent(ProcessMigrationHandlerTo24.java:328)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.migration.ProcessMigrationHandlerTo24.postAddTables(ProcessMigrationHandlerTo24.java:451)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:95)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56)
[...] more lines

The following wiki LINK provides a description of the error messages: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ErrorMessagesCLMEnUS602

Depending on the error and on the condition, sometimes no action is required, as it seems to be in this case for error CRRRS9655E.

Once CLM/RTC is brought online, you can confirm by running diagnostics and by doing a functional review.

Kevin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.