It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I Deploy RRDI report without having RRDI installed and configured?

Raj K (10222125) | asked Nov 02 '15, 2:46 a.m.
edited Nov 02 '15, 5:46 a.m.
Hello,
I have RTC 4.0.5 and RRDI  deployed in a test environment and have developed in RRDI. Can I deploy RRDI reports into a RTC 4.0.5 production environment that DOES NOT have RRDI installed & configured (could be months before it is ready in prod env due to hardware and budget reasons)?

In other words can I do something similar to how we do in BIRT (import a birt rpt/design file as a resource into RTC and create reports in RTC)?

Can I export BIRT reports in RTC (OOTB) and modify the report and import it back to RTC?

Can I export RRDI reports in RTC (OOTB) and modify it using BIRT report designer and import it back to RTC?

Thanks
RK

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 03 '15, 3:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 03 '15, 3:29 a.m.
The RDDI reports require RDDI to be installed. As the BIRT reports require BIRT to be installed. As BIRT comes shipped with CCM, this is not analogous. RRDI and BIRT are two completely different technologies. So my answer would be: No.
Raj K selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Raj K commented Nov 03 '15, 7:10 a.m. | edited Nov 03 '15, 7:10 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
   That was my understanding too (as the data model is needed for RRDI). I just wanted to get the experts like you to help answer the question. So my only choice is BIRT.

FYI, CCM version is 4.0.6. I extracted the com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common_3.1.500.v20131025_0102.JAR to get that has the burndown chart and make changes using BIRT. BTW after I customize and I import the reportDesign using eclipse where is the new customized report added. filesystem? In other words where can I locate the report if I lose the local copy and want to copy the customized birt report to make more changes?

Thanks
RK

One other answer

permanent link
Raj K (10222125) | answered Nov 30 '15, 2:47 p.m.
I got the answer for this

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.