It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to clear the list of "Recent Work Items" or "Recent Plans"?

Melissa Kivisto (2871021) | asked Oct 29 '15, 12:53 p.m.
edited Oct 30 '15, 1:00 p.m.
The list of Recent Queries in the Web UI is by user, and not by browser.
Is there any easy way in RTC to clear this list?

Thanks,
Melissa

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Oct 30 '15, 1:36 p.m.
If you search for "capability menu" here you will find the occasional discussion, mostly in this site's Wiki pages.  I do recall finding a POST that one could use to affect the menu, but its use is limited.  "view-history" may also provide some more clues when used in a search.  For example

One can use a GET request like:

https://server:port/app/view-history?user=joe_user&type=com.ibm.rqm.web.ui.ActionBarEntry.Planning.RecentlyViewed

[ server:port/app  should be substituted according to your target. ]

To see recently viewed things.

We have had 1 occasion where an entry on the recent work items for a user prevented the rest of the menu from loading.  The solution was just to view more (different) items until the list rolled the entry out of the list.  

Comments
Melissa Kivisto commented Oct 30 '15, 1:46 p.m.

Thanks Kevin.  "Rolling" it was the only suggestion I could think of too.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 30 '15, 3:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Queries like "recently created" are all just basic queries that specify recent based on 12 hours in the past and the other query conditions.

What does "clear the list" mean? What does "by browser" mean?

Comments
Melissa Kivisto commented Oct 30 '15, 1:04 p.m.

Hi Ralph,
Sorry -- i had a bit of a "typo" -- I meant Recent Plans (not Recent Queries... I had tried searching in shared queries for these and I think it was still in my head :/).

So - yes -- the list the comes up from the Work Item or Plans menus in Web UI.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 30 '15, 1:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The information is stored in the browser data I think. Clear the history or maybe Alt+F5 might help. I don't think there is a built in erase button.

Melissa Kivisto commented Oct 30 '15, 1:42 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

It's persistent through browsers.  Ie. Load a WI in Chrome -> the WI will show up in the list in Firefox.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.