It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Editor presentation section no displaying on Eclipse client but is visible in Web

nannette Mori (50572) | asked Oct 27 '15, 3:01 p.m.

Hi,

We have created an editor presentation section that we are using in all of our WI's so it's re-used the section in each WI.

The section is being properly display thru the web when viewing WI's.  But when viewing the same WI in eclipse the section we created is not displaying/visible.

Any ideas on why this is occurring?

thank you for any information on this!

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 27 '15, 6:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not an expert in work item editors, so I'll make this a comment, rather than an answer.   There are multiple kinds of editors ... one thing to verify is that you are modifying the editor that is displayed in Eclipse.   For example, are other changes that you are making to that editor appearing in Eclipse?

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Oct 28 '15, 8:56 a.m.

Which version of RTC are you using?  as depending on which editor and presentation setup if you use.  If you have  multiple sections of the same type - some verions will only display the last Section.  I think this is a defect currently for some version of RTC.  Iv'e seen this in V4.0.3 and V4.0.7.  Maybe someone from IBM can comment?

Comments
nannette Mori commented Oct 28 '15, 9:24 a.m.

We are in RTC 5.0.2.  Are you saying that if you already have a section with type detail, it will not display the section?

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Oct 28 '15, 9:42 a.m.

Hi,  I've not seen the issue in 5.0.2 however you may want to try using alternative Tab settings and Section types to see what happens.  (if you have a development environment).

For example in 4.0.3 - Using the Overview Tab and Multiple Details slots the sections do not display correctly.

Tab: Overview Layout

Section Slot:  Details

Section Slot:  Details

I can only see the Details 2 section in the Eclipse client but both display in the web.

I know Iv'e seen a Defect raised on this but maybe using a different layout design may help.

Just something to try

Good Luck

Matt

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.