It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

History of Work item Categories

Sunita Dinakar (11413742) | asked Oct 27 '15, 1:40 p.m.
 Hi,

Is it possible to find the history of changes done to the Work item Categories in a project area?

Regards,
Sunita

Accepted answer

permanent link
Miguel Tomico (5001323) | answered Oct 28 '15, 6:39 a.m.
Even though the tool does not provide a way to see the history, that information seems to be there in the database.
If you really need someone to blame for the change ;-) and you are willing to write a script,
use this Java Client code:

//Retrieve the previous states of the ICategory cat
List<ICategoryHandle> history = repo.itemManager().fetchAllStateHandles(cat, null);
for (ICategoryHandle hisHandle : history) {
ICategory his = (ICategory) repo.itemManager().fetchCompleteState(hisHandle, null);
his.getModifiedBy()...
his.modified().toString()...
}
Sunita Dinakar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sudaraazhi Arivalagan commented Oct 29 '15, 1:24 a.m. | edited Oct 30 '15, 12:28 a.m.

Hi Miguel,

As per your suggestion, Do you think that Sunita is looking for History of a Attribute Type[Category] ?

If Yes, she is not trying to get History of Category type of an Attribute. She needs to find the History of Work Item Categories from the Project Area tab. [Open Projectarea -> Work Item Categories tab]. you could see list of Categories created by Admins.

Thanks

Sudar

Miguel Tomico commented Oct 29 '15, 4:14 a.m. | edited Oct 30 '15, 12:28 a.m.

Hi Sudar,

The code I provided is for retrieving the History of Work Item Categories from the Project Area tab. [Open Projectarea -> Work Item Categories tab].

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 30 '15, 12:30 a.m. | edited Oct 30 '15, 12:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Miguel is correct ... this function is available (as his code illustrates), but is not currently available in the GUI.

Sudaraazhi Arivalagan commented Oct 30 '15, 9:34 a.m. | edited Apr 03 '19, 12:06 a.m.

Hi Miguel,

I have used your code snippet to get the History of changes done on the "Work Item Categories" tab in the Projectarea.  

I use Java Client APIs here, Can you help me how to retrieve the previous states of the ICategory Object ? and how to define the ProjectArea specifically here ?

Thanks

Sudar

Miguel Tomico commented Oct 30 '15, 10:07 a.m. | edited Apr 03 '19, 12:07 a.m.

Hi Sudar.

I think you need to spend some time playing with the RTC Java Client API.
I would suggest to follow this article to get the IProjectArea object:
and go from there.

This article is also a good entry point

Sudaraazhi Arivalagan commented Oct 30 '15, 10:15 a.m. | edited Apr 03 '19, 12:05 a.m.

Hi Miguel,

I was stuck with the logic how to get the list of changes applied to the specific Category. I just tried with the different flow. I got the result now :)

Thank you so much.

Sudar

Sunita Dinakar commented Oct 30 '15, 3:11 p.m.

Hi Miguel and Geoffrey,

Thank you both for the help and support provided. Sudar was able to get the data using the code provided.

Regards,
Sunita

Sunita Dinakar commented Oct 30 '15, 3:12 p.m.

Hi Miguel and Geoffrey,

Thank you both for the help and support provided. Sudar was able to get the data using the code provided.

Regards,
Sunita

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Oct 27 '15, 8:17 p.m.
The function is not available. Please have a look the explanation in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/177481/project-area-category-history-rtc-502

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.