It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC support using an approver group name for approvals?

Kristine Adamson (12) | asked Oct 27 '15, 10:31 a.m.

We would like to be able to specify a group name as an approver for an RTC work item approval, and have all the user names in the group added to the approval as approvers.  This is similar to Notes where you can define a group name and send an email to all the users in the group just by specifying the group name.

I have read several similar questions about this kind of support on this Forum, but it seems like the answer was either "RTC does not support this", or the questioners wrote their own plugins to solve the problem.  With so many people asking about this kind of support over the years, shouldn't RTC provide this function instead of each of us having to write plugins for our own organizations?

I also found requirement 71839 which I think addresses some of this functionality: https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=71839

This requirement appears to have been written for RRC. Does anyone know if there is a similar requirement for RTC?  

Thanks,

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 27 '15, 11:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I am aware this is currently not supported in RTC. You have to select a specific user.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.