It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

data collection jobs user email address is not set Error: Invalid e-mail address

Naveen V (791257) | asked Oct 26 '15, 12:32 p.m.
Hi,

I am getting one error while I am running the jts/setup at the point to configure the data collection user. This setup already exist. I am just running it again to make sure every thing working fine but got the error as Invalid e-mail address for data collection user So I can not proceed further to check configurations as all options are greyed out.

How I can add the email address to see rest of configuration. I logged in with my admin account into jazz/setup.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Oct 26 '15, 5:40 p.m.
The answer for the last question:

"How I can add the email address ?"

This can be done with
repotools-jts.bat -createuser -userid ... -email ... -name ...
If the userid already exists it just modifies the record in the DB.

regards
Guido

permanent link
Ben Tran (16018) | answered Oct 26 '15, 3:54 p.m.
Hi Naveen,

If this is not the first time that you had run through the jts/setup and are not making any changes, you can skip the step that you are stuck on altogether. When you reach the step that you are encountering the message, modify the URI by increasing the step number. This will bypass the step which you are stuck at, this is safe to do as long as no changes have been made.

Comments
Naveen V commented Oct 26 '15, 4:27 p.m.

Thanks Ben. Yes you are correct.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.