It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem linking project areas between RTC and RQM

Don Evatt (621) | asked Jul 27 '09, 9:59 p.m.
When trying to set up cross server communications between RTC and RQM, I get strange error messages. I have had no difficulty adding the trust relationships between the two environments, but when I try to link projects between RQM and RTC, I get errors. On the RTC server in the pop-up authentication window that opens when adding the link, you get a message that says "Invalid path to authentication servlet: /" where the URL that is being sent is "https://<server>:9443/jazz/auth/". By the way, I am using Tomcat on RTC and WAS 6.x in RQM.

I was able to add the linkage from RQM to RTC by removing whitelist entries (no longer necessary apparently) in the advanced properties and adjusting the hostname property. It is just the other direction as mentioned above that there is an issue.

So I would ask if anyone has seen this behavior - and what troubleshooting would you recommend. I have already looked at jazz.log on both sides as well - and do not see anything obvious. I have heeded the advice and checked things like ensuring no duplicate friends entries.

One answer

permanent link
Don Evatt (621) | answered Aug 06 '09, 9:34 a.m.
When trying to set up cross server communications between RTC and RQM, I get strange error messages. I have had no difficulty adding the trust relationships between the two environments, but when I try to link projects between RQM and RTC, I get errors. On the RTC server in the pop-up authentication window that opens when adding the link, you get a message that says "Invalid path to authentication servlet: /" where the URL that is being sent is "https://<server>:9443/jazz/auth/". By the way, I am using Tomcat on RTC and WAS 6.x in RQM.

I was able to add the linkage from RQM to RTC by removing whitelist entries (no longer necessary apparently) in the advanced properties and adjusting the hostname property. It is just the other direction as mentioned above that there is an issue.

So I would ask if anyone has seen this behavior - and what troubleshooting would you recommend. I have already looked at jazz.log on both sides as well - and do not see anything obvious. I have heeded the advice and checked things like ensuring no duplicate friends entries.

I was able to isolate the issue by successfully being able to link project areas when I run RQM under Tomcat. So the issue is apparently related to the integration with WAS specifically.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.