It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do I still see incoming changesets when I deliver a previous version of a component to a flow target?

Martin McAuley (1721533) | asked Oct 23 '15, 4:26 a.m.
I start with a workspace and flow target stream fully in sync i.e. no incoming/outgoing changesets. I open the workspace and replace the component with an earlier baseline version. The workspace then shows outgoing the selected previous baseline version of the component, along with incoming changests from the flow target, as expected. I then deliver the component to the flow target stream. At this point I expect the incoming changesets to disappear as the workspace and flow target stream now have the same (previous) version of the component, however the incoming changesets remain even after a refresh. If I open the flow target stream I can see that it has, as expected, the selected previous baseline version of the component as just delivered from the workspace. If I choose the 'replace with' option on the stream component and select the same baseline version as it is already showing and save, then in the pending changes view the incoming changesets disappear from the workspace as expected originally. This would appear to be a bug?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 23 '15, 9:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Think of "deliver" as a "change set union" operation.   So when you deliver a workspace to a stream, you are adding all of the change sets in the workspace to the stream (you are never removing any change sets in the stream).   So the list of incoming change sets will never be affected by a deliver.   In contrast, when you do a replace operation, then the list of change sets in the replace target are replaced by the list of change sets in the replace source.   So the behavior you are seeing is what is expected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.