It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC 5.0.2: Is there any way to see that which developer has done what changes in a particular code file?

Muhammad Moid (141534) | asked Oct 21 '15, 8:56 a.m.
edited Oct 21 '15, 9:02 a.m. by Chris McGee (50511117)
For e.g. I have 5 developers in my team and all of them have written code in a particular file. Now I want to know that which developer has written which line of codes.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Chris McGee (50511117) | answered Oct 21 '15, 9:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are using the Source Control Visual Studio client you can annotate by right clicking on the editor or the file in either the solution explorer or the sandbox explorer.

https://jazz.net/library/article/574
Muhammad Moid selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Chris McGee (50511117) | answered Oct 21 '15, 9:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Muhammad,

If you are using the Source Control Eclipse client, you can annotate the lines in the text file by right-clicking on it and choosing Team->Annotate. On the left side of the text editor there will be different colours representing the different change sets that contributed the lines. You can hover your mouse over the colours and it will provide more details such as the change set and work item.

I hope that this helps,
Chris

Comments
Muhammad Moid commented Oct 21 '15, 9:15 a.m.

I am using Visual Studio IDE. Is there any annotate option in it?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.