It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Port 50000 fails to connect and error CRJAZ1579E on database configuration page.

Barry von Tobel (1727) | asked Oct 21 '15, 8:33 a.m.
edited Oct 21 '15, 8:42 a.m.
 I loaded DB2 on my virutal 2008 R2 server, then loaded CLM version 6.0.  First, I can't seem to connect to port 5000?  I can connect to 9080 and 9443.  Nmap shows port 50000 listening for  tcp.

When I go to the Jazz Team Server page 'database configuration', I change the default 'derby' to db2.  I have a password but unsure of the location.  I'm not sure what the 'connection type' is.   In the help window it says I should also see 'create tables' instead of creating them on the CLI.

Any help in getting my CLM connected to DB2 would be much appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 23 '15, 12:43 a.m.
You will first need to figure out whether your DB2 database is connectable. When you say you cannot connect, what symptom do you observe?

If you're using Tomcat, you should choose "JDBC" as the connection type, and the two fields "JDBC Password" and "JDBC Location" should appear. Enter the appropriate values in the two fields, and click "Test Connection". If successful, you should get the option of "Create Tables".
Barry von Tobel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Barry von Tobel commented Oct 23 '15, 10:40 a.m.

Don,

Yes, knowing that JDBC is the required connection type helped.  The installation guide wasn't clear on this detail.

thank you both

One other answer

permanent link
David O Grady (11) | answered Oct 21 '15, 11:21 a.m.
Hi Barry,

take a look at the following technote that seems to address this error :
>>http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21597501

I hope this helps!

David.

Comments
Barry von Tobel commented Oct 22 '15, 5:40 p.m.

David,

I'm having trouble with the database configuration page on the jazz server setup page.  I've tried both windows and linux and positive linux has a JTS database running (db2 list db directory & list tables)  I don't know which connection type (step one) or which database configuration properties (step 2) are required.

I'm using Tomcat, and below is 'list db directory' with no tables,, isn't there supposed to be a 'create tables' button on the configuration page?

Database alias                       = JTS
 Database name                        = JTS
 Local database directory             = /home/db2inst1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.