It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Building reports with Jazz Reporting Service (CLM 6.0)

Leire Torres (36721) | asked Oct 20 '15, 12:00 p.m.
Hello,

I want to build reports across CLM (v6.0 iFix003) projects using Jazz Reporting Service (JRS) but I am facing problems. 

When I choose the 'Build' option in JRS, I can see 'Change and Configuration management' application data, but I am not able to access 'Quality Management' or 'Requirements Management' data (neither artifacts nor projects).

What could be the issue and what can I do?

Thanks in advance,
Leire.

2 answers

permanent link
Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | answered Oct 20 '15, 2:17 p.m.
 To the best of my knowledge, you can only select one resource (CCM/RM/QM) as the starting point to your report on the current version.
Even though you can get relational data through links (ie. WI associated to Test Cases), you cannot select both WIs and TCs (for instance) as a starting point.

Comments
Leire Torres commented Oct 21 '15, 2:37 a.m.

Thanks for the answer Taly. I know that I can only select one resource as starting point. The problem is that if I select RM or QM  I don´t see any information (the project list is empty, the Test Script and Requirement expandable menu does not show any item...).

permanent link
Darren Coffin (1823) | answered Oct 20 '15, 12:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Leire,

What JRS data source are you using for your reports? 

1.If it is a data warehouse data source, please make sure that the DCC ETL jobs were successfully run after artifacts were created in CCM and RM, so that the data would be available in the data warehouse. (go to /dcc/web, run all of the DCC jobs again and check that they all passed)

2. If it is a LQE data source, please make sure that in LQE, the TRS feeds for CCM and RM exist and indexed successfully. (under the Data sources section in /lqe)

3. If you are still not seeing the expected data in JRS after that, try going into the Data Sources page in /rs, select your data source, and click on Refresh.

Comments
Darren Coffin commented Oct 20 '15, 12:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I meant QM and RM (as those are the apps you're having issues with) instead of CCM and RM...

Leire Torres commented Oct 21 '15, 2:58 a.m. | edited Oct 21 '15, 2:58 a.m.

Thanks for the answer Darren. 

The JRS data source is a data warehouse source (in /rs Data Sources appears as Rational Data Warehouse located in //<host>:1527/conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB). 

As you said, I run all data warehouse collection jobs (Data Collection Jobs section in /dcc) and all of them finished successfully. All of these jobs are created by default, aren't they? I mean, I don´t have to add or create new ones. Am I right?

After that, I refresh the data source and try building a report again, but I am still not seeing the expected data (the project list is empty, the Test Script and Requirement expandable menu does not show any item...)

Darren Coffin commented Oct 21 '15, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Leire,

You're right, you shouldn't need to create new DCC jobs.

Maybe try checking the resource groups for QM and RM are properly set up in DCC.  Go to /dcc/web, click on Resource Group Configuration, expand the sections for Rational Quality Manager and Rational DOORS Next Generation, click on the Test Connection in the top right for each section. 

Ensure that there is actually data in QM and RM as well (at least a project created in each), I think the options might not show up in JRS if DCC didn't have anything to populate the data warehouse with to begin with.

Leire Torres commented Oct 21 '15, 11:58 a.m.

The test connection is successfull in both (Successfully connected to the resource group) and I also have one project in each application... 

Darren Coffin commented Oct 21 '15, 1:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Does your user have read access to the project areas in RM and QM?  You can try disabling project access control on the JRS data warehouse data source temporarily, to see if that fixes it.  (/rs, data sources, click on the DW data source, deselect the project access control checkbox, save.)

Leire Torres commented Oct 22 '15, 3:24 a.m. | edited Oct 22 '15, 3:24 a.m.

That option is already disabled... Anyway, I also checked the user read access in Lifecycle Projects Management area and all the users are members of the project and all of them have read access...

As I didn´t know what was going on, I created a new lifecycle project, and in this case I can see all (QM, RM and CCM) projects in JRS projects list. I checked the projects configuration and I cannot see any difference... The only difference is that the first project (not the new one) has a global configuration project with baselines and streams. Could it be a problem? 

Leire Torres commented Oct 22 '15, 5:49 a.m. | edited Oct 22 '15, 7:00 a.m.

It seems I´ve partially solved the problem! I didn´t know that reporting on configurations requires Lifecycle Query Engine using Configurations as Data Source in JRS. 

At this moment, I can see CCM and QM projects and info, but I can´t see RM project and something very strange happens with it:

1. If I select 'Requirement' artifact type without any traceability with other artifacts, such as test cases,  in the Limit scope section RM project does not appear, but the report runs correctly and I can see the requirements list.

2. If I select 'Requirement' artifact type with traceability with other artifacts, such as test cases, in the Limit scope section RM project does not appear, only RQM project. An so, when I execute the report the following warning message appears: The traceability report may be missing results because there are artifact types in the report that do not have any project area data.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.