It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG6 how can I migrate entire project area to other server?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Oct 19 '15, 4:47 p.m.
 Hello, 

Is there any procedure if I want to migrate a requirements Project Area on Doors Next Generation to other server with different URL and same version? without lose links, artifacts etc??

4 answers

permanent link
Mitch G (2710) | answered Sep 14 '20, 7:25 p.m.

Umm, it seems like most answers here are ignoring the fact you have work in the current database that you want to migrate. I would consider looking at running a ReqIF export of your project, this should capture the structure and all artefacts inside.

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Sep 16 '20, 11:44 a.m.

yeah and also the IDs change with ReqIF and that doesn't work for me

permanent link
Carlton Knight (1612) | answered Oct 19 '15, 7:13 p.m.
When creating a project template (based off of your desired project) you will have the ability to include or exclude artifacts and links.  You can then download the newly created template and upload to your other server for use when creating your new project.

Create Project Template (options)

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Oct 21 '15, 1:39 p.m.

Yeah but When I export it, it doesn't include all my collections, modules, and content? 

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Sep 11 '20, 2:18 p.m.

Hello, I tried that, but when I import in the new server, it say there is an error when apply the project template in the new server because the base URL is different

Bartosz Chrabski commented Sep 11 '20, 2:34 p.m.

Rafael,

The URL of the new server can be different. I suggest checking what is in rm.log and why it is failing. 

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Oct 19 '15, 4:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Rafael,

You can use a project template.  Create a project template for the project you want a new project to be based off of.  Then on the other server you can import this project template and create a new project with the template.  Here is a link to the documentation. 

Knowledge center:  Creating requirements project templates

I hope this helps.

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Oct 19 '15, 5:29 p.m.

but How about all my data and Work that I have done?? I don't want to create a new project based on the template, I want to migrate the entire existing project with all artifacts. 

Erica Tran commented Oct 22 '15, 8:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rafael,
If you select artifacts to include in the template it will contain artifact data.  When you create the new project from the template, new artifacts will be created based on the artifacts that were included in the template. 

permanent link
Norman Dignard (356688167) | answered Oct 22 '15, 11:52 a.m.

Note:  I don't thing this was fixed in 6 yet but   take note: exporting a DNG template does not export any customizations you may have made. We noted this issue in 502 when trying to send support our data (a reqif export, and our process template). The seed of the project was the OOTB - traditional requirement template that we then defined new roles (based on exisiting ones) and changed a few permisions. 

In the template export - it did not include the new roles we created.  I did not note if there was other stuff missing as well.

This is when we found out that DNG does not support teams in a proper fashion. We  raised an RFE on this.

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Oct 22 '15, 2:54 p.m.

Thank you for your comments, could you keep us posted?

Norman Dignard commented Oct 22 '15, 3:19 p.m.

IBM RFE 69251 is one we raised on this. Also RFE 72514.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.