It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Web UI doesn't display the dropdown list for 'Owned by'

Ana León Villamayor (5664) | asked Jul 27 '09, 6:27 a.m.
When we use the Eclipse UI to create a new work item, the Owned by field has a dropdown list with all users. We can select one and save the work item without any problems.

But when we use the Web UI, we don't see the dropdown list for the "Owned by" field:
- If the work item is unassigned, the Owned by field displays None
- If the work item is assigned, the Owned by field displays the name as a hyperlink text and it is not possible to change it.

Why does Web UI have a different behavior?
What can we do to see the dropdown list using the Web UI?

6 answers

permanent link
Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | answered Jul 28 '09, 1:10 a.m.
One of the statements I have seen here recently was the advice to clear the browser cache when migrating from 1.x to 2.0.
I know you have a different Situation, but it might be worth a try.

hi ralph, the clearing of cache does revert the rendering of the field to a dropdown widget so the weird behavior is tied to the refresh mechanism.
we will log a defect against 1.0.x web UI on this behavior.

thanks.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 28 '09, 12:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One of the statements I have seen here recently was the advice to clear the browser cache when migrating from 1.x to 2.0.
I know you have a different Situation, but it might be worth a try.

Ralph

permanent link
Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | answered Jul 27 '09, 11:17 p.m.
additional information: this behavior is a bit quirky as I was testing this with two browsers (IE6 and IE7).

* Yesterday I was able to change the field value in IE6 but when it refreshed the web UI the field was only a hyperlink to the user profile (in this case it was Ana's).
* I viewed the same work item in IE7 and the field was a drop-down.
* Ana changed the owner to me and then the rendering in IE6 and IE7 were reversed: hyperlink in IE7 and dropdown widget in IE6.

This morning the field is a drop-down in IE6, IE7 and FF 3.5.1. I changed the field value back to Ana using IE6. Refreshing the form on all 3 browsers changed the rendering of the field value to a hyperlink.

permanent link
Ana León Villamayor (5664) | answered Jul 27 '09, 3:06 p.m.
Thanks for your reply, Ralps

permanent link
Ana León Villamayor (5664) | answered Jul 27 '09, 3:05 p.m.
We are using RTC 1.0.1 and IE7. We don't know what it's wrong because we don't have that problem with other project areas.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 27 '09, 2:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
That is strange. If I (RTC2.0 and I believe RTC 1.x) create a work item the combo box displays a button. Once you select the button there is a "more.." choice. If I select that i can search for users and assign them.

I use Firefox 3 and there are issues with IE6. What browser do you use?

Ralph

When we use the Eclipse UI to create a new work item, the Owned by field has a dropdown list with all users. We can select one and save the work item without any problems.

But when we use the Web UI, we don't see the dropdown list for the "Owned by" field:
- If the work item is unassigned, the Owned by field displays None
- If the work item is assigned, the Owned by field displays the name as a hyperlink text and it is not possible to change it.

Why does Web UI have a different behavior?
What can we do to see the dropdown list using the Web UI?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.